Native Instruments Phasis 1.1.0 is a true stereo effect in digital form. It simulates the sounds of classic phase units in the past while adding a modern twist with some innovative features. The spread disk changes the spacing between the cracks, resulting in a thicker sound on the output, somewhat similar to a multiplier effect.
It provides boundless phase sounds – adding movement, spirit and creative magic to any signal. PHASIS draws inspiration from classic phases but adds powerful new features to results never before heard. The propagation control changes the distances between phase degrees, for acoustic effects. Ultra mode pushes the adjustment to very high rates, producing unique FM-esque tones.
Phasis is available in VST, AU, and AAX formats for Windows and Mac systems. It’s said to be compatible with any host and DAW. Mind you, though, the download size is a hefty 90MB. This probably owes to the three formats in which it’s available, in both 32 and 64-bit variants.
1.1.0 — 2020-06-10
- FIXED Phasis crashed on instantiation in Logic Pro X 10.5
- FIXED Occasionally plug-in caused Cubase 10.5 to freeze when GUI was opened on macOS
- KNOWN ISSUE We were reported issues on macOS 10.15 when opening the plug-in in Max 8.
- We are investigating this. Users of this host may consider not to update to this version
Just install and enjoy!
- macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 or 10.15 (latest update), i5, 4 GB RAM