Photosounder is a spectrogram editor and synthesizer used to transform your favourite photos into sound and edit them to get the right tone. If you are a professional sound designer or a DJ and you need new ideas, you can experiment with various methods. Photosounder brings a new and original approach to creating sounds.
Photosounder allows you to open sounds and images, process them graphically and hear the results. This can be used for such tasks as instrument/vocals removal/isolation, applying various original or classical sound effects, sound design, denoising, operations between sounds such as removing a sound from another.
The immense possibilities offered by Photosounder are only starting to be discovered. Every day spent using Photosounder brings new discoveries, new kinds of sounds never heard before, new effects never approximated, new takes on classical effects or methods, all merely by combining the power of the simple set of tools built in the program.
- Lossless processing of sounds based on images, so that real sounds can be transformed by transforming their image.
- Noise-based synthesis for synthesising original sounds from nothing or resynthesising wildly transformed sounds in a way that results in a continuous and smooth spectrum.
Pro-tip: Turn on the Live Synthesis in the Options menu for instantaneous results!
- Exclusive spectrogram analysis algorithm that natively operates on a logarithmic scale and can vary time/frequency resolution depending on frequency for a better clarity and a better resynthesis.
- Real-time live synthesis, allowing real-time time-stretching or to hear changes as they are made to the images.
- Dedicated graphical editing tools best suited for editing or creating sounds, such as various sprays to enhance, suppress, erase or create features, including a harmonics modifier to apply all modifications to a frequency and its harmonics at once.
- Layer system similar to Photoshop’s, with layer groups and various layer blending modes, including exclusive layer convolution modes.
- Multiple images and sounds can be used together each on its own layer in the same project.
- Extensive graphical/mathematical operations specially adapted to spectrogram editing which allow you to apply all kinds of effects, from the most common (such as EQ, compression, denoising…) to the weirdest (envelope reversion, spectral gating, pitch inversion, spectral quantization…).
- Processing in third-party image processing programs by exporting images to BMP files and importing of the externally modified images.
- Rhythm and note overlays to help with music composition.
- Ability to restore a session, even after a crash.
- All actions are instantly saved to a history file in a human-readable language so none of your work is ever lost. Also allows you to edit the history by hand or save a project and all its history.
- Easy scripting to automate actions.
- Images processed in 32-bit precision.
- Sounds processed and exported in 32-bit precision.
- Opens audio formats such as MP3, OGG, WAV, AIFF, FLAC and allows to export to 32-bit WAV and AIFF.
- Opens image formats such as JPEG, PNG, BMP, PSD, TIFF and various others and allows to export to 32-bit per channel TIFF images as well as BMP and PNG.
- Can natively process, playback and export everything in any sampling rate (up to 384 kHz) supported by your sound card.
- Multicore support for faster processing and a smoother experience.
What’s new in version 1.11.2
Updated on Oct 31 2022
- Fixed controls being reset to default after adding an image to a layer
- Fixed problem with loading files with long paths
- Intel 64
- OS X 10.9.0 or later
Also Download: Ableton Live Suite 11.1 Torrent