SoundSource 5.2.0 mac torrent is a tiny tool that allows you to adjust your input, output, and sound-effects devices and volume settings in mere moments, right from the menu bar. Enable soft play-thru of input devices to your desired output, so you can hear sound coming in through any microphone or other source. With SoundSource, you get fast access to your Mac’s most important audio settings.
SoundSource 5 brings a revamped interface with a simplified main window that can optionally be made thinner with a compact display, and there is a new menu bar icon that displays an approximate measure of the current volume level of your virtual output device.
With volume controls for each app, SoundSource 5 now automatically manages the apps shown in the list, adding them whenever they produce audio and removing them when they stop. Favorite apps will always be in the list.
The new update also adds support for multiple menu counters, optionally letting you see the activity of default I / O devices, as well as active apps. Counters also provide one-click access to quickly mute any source.
SoundSource 5.2.0 macOS Key Features
- Adjust volume levels for each of your applications, all in one place. Make one app louder or softer than others, or even mute it entirely.
- Control exactly where audio plays. Route music from one app to your best speakers, while everything else is heard via your Mac’s built-in output.
- Use the built-in 10-band equalizer and support for Audio Units to sweeten the sound of individual apps.
- Quickly adjust volume and input levels, balance, and even sample rate for your system’s Output, Input, and Sound Effects devices.
- Apply effects to sweeten the sound of all audio on your system, with the built-in 10-band equalizer and support for advanced Audio Unit plugins.
- HDMI devices, DisplayPort audio outputs, and more fail to support the volume keys found on Mac keyboards. SoundSource makes those keys work with any outputs you have.
- SoundSource lives in your menu bar, for one-click access to all your audio controls. You can also bring it up with a configurable global keyboard shortcut.
- Making frequent adjustments? Pin SoundSource’s main window, and it will float on your screen for instant access.
- The new Headphone EQ effect provides the very best sound from thousands of different models of headphones.
- The new Magic Boost 2 does even more to provide rich, full sound from even the tiniest speakers.
- SoundSource’s main window is streamlined, but to truly minimize how much space it uses, the Compact view has you covered.
- Add optional meters for your output device, input device, and/or active applications, so you can see and control audio even more easily.
- Initial Support for M Chip-Based Macs
SoundSource is now a Universal app, offering initial support for the new M1 chip-based Macs. Though there are no known issues, we do yet not recommend its use in critical productions. Further testing is ongoing, with more updates to follow.
- Full MacOS 11 (Big Sur) Compatibility
SoundSource now has full compatibility with MacOS 11 (Big Sur), with no known issues.
- SoundSource will now load emulated (non-native) plugins on Apple Silicon Macs.
- SoundSource now works better with metering plugins like TC Clarity-M, Flux SoundGrabber, and Waves Loudness Meter. In addition, TC Clarity-M is no longer blocked for use in SoundSource by default.
- The tab icons in SoundSource’s preferences have been updated to fit new sizing requirements on MacOS 11 (Big Sur).
- SoundSource now respects the user-specified system-wide “Accent” color on MacOS 10.14 (Mojave) and up. It also supports Big Sur’s new “Multicolor” option, with an appropriate, app-specific green.
- QuickLook audio in the Finder is once again correctly captured on MacOS 10.15 (Catalina).
- An issue where SoundSource’s tooltips could fail to properly disappear has been corrected.
- SoundSource’s main window now appears where it should at all times, correcting a bug which could occur on systems which sometimes have multiple displays.
- SoundSource will now correctly display its icon on secondary screens at all times.
- SoundSource now shows sample rates in Hz without a comma, for consistency across all Rogue Amoeba apps.
Compatibility: Mac OS X 10.10 or higher